If like me you have moved home, then you know how important a moving home checklist is. When I moved house recently I planned it meticulously, because it avoided all the stressors. A lot of what I learned during this move, I will share with you, so you can avoid any pitfalls. Please read about our journey and it will help you avoid anything we did wrong. I will
Sharing our journey is guaranteed to save you money. It will also make your house move run more smoothly, so please read on. My guide will avoid some of the pitfalls people make when moving home, so you can relax. One of the first things you need to do is find out the answers to important questions from the previous owner. That way when you move in, you can relax more.
If you want Smart Carriers to help you with your house move and that way make you relax. Then call us today to help with your moving home checklist. Call 01923 802 241 or 07775 075827
moving home checklist to include how many vehicles you need
Part of your Moving Home Checklist
Number 1 on your list – The sellers of the house you are buying should give you the following information. That way you are not scraping around to find this out once you get there. In all of the fuss you might think this is not important, but at some point, you will need this. Knowing this now and having a list will relax you and ensure the move goes smoothly.
- Find out where the electricity and gas meters are so that you can read these when moving in.
- Who are the energy suppliers, so that you can see what deals are available?
- Where is the thermostat located and does it work effectively?
- Where is the stop-cock? It goes without saying in an emergency you will need to know this, so find it early.
- Bin day and what goes where? It would be so useful for the previous owner to leave a crib for you in the moving home checklist.
Like all of my theories over remembering things, ensure you write this down or nowadays store on your phone. If you write it down or store on your phone, then you are more likely to remember it. That way it becomes useful when you need it and not forgotten.
The bulk of your Moving Home Checklist
Number 2 on your moving home checklist. Find and compare removal companies near you, but also further afield. A lot of removal companies are willing to travel and are competitively priced. Remember if you are moving to or from a city like London, then a lot of removal companies may be willing to come in. Due to the large vehicles they use, it is unlikely they will be based in central London, so widen your search.
The sort of things you should look for in a good removal company London or Hertfordshire is the following.
- How long have they been operating? That is not to say new companies are bad but do some research, such as reviews.
- Do they belong to a registered body, which makes sure they operate according to the standards of one of their members?
- Do they offer a FREE QUOTE? This is important at this should be offered. How do you know if you want the company before you know what to pay? However, money should not be the only reason you choose the company you use.
- What or how many vehicles do they use. Are they just a man with a van, as in that case they may not be able to insure your move. Looking after your goods in transit will be very important to your move. At Smart Carriers, they moved a £10,000.
If you would like a FREE QUOTE, then you should call us today on 01923 802 241 or 07775 075827
Make sure you moving home checklist includes looking after your goods
Completing your moving home checklist
Once you have your removal company sorted and you know what to do at the new property. Then you are ready to continue through your moving home checklist.
- Remember to re-direct your post to your new home, even if you only get emails nowadays. This can be done quite cheaply and will ensure you don’t lose credit cards and such like.
- Register to vote at your new home or you will lose your vote. They can also fine you, which you definitely want to avoid.
- Follow our essential top 10 packing tips when moving home, so you can ensure things run smoothly.
- Look for tips to lower your costs in your new home, such as deals on gas and electricity.
I know this useful guide will help you in your house move, so if Smart Carriers can help any more then call them today. To help with your moving home checklist call us today on 01923 802 241 or 07775 075 827.